1) When was your wedding day? June 10, 2006
2) What day of the week was it? Saturday
3) Did you get married in a church? Yes, we got married at a Baptist Church in NC. This is not the church that either one of us grew up in or the one that we go to now but since Hubs is from 2 hours away and I am from a tiny town we decided to get married in a church that was close to the hotels people were staying in and close to the reception site.
4) How many in your wedding party? I had 9 bridesmaids and 1 flower girl and Hubs had 9 groomsman and 2 junior groomsmen. It was a very large wedding party.
5) Where was your reception? The Cramer Mountain Country Club. It was in the large ballroom and then we had the food and bar set up in another room. We also had a lot of outside deck space.
6) How many guests were invited to your wedding? We invited a little over 200 and had between 150 and 170 attend. Hubs is from town 2 hours away so some of his parents friends didn't make it.
7) How long did you wait to tie the knot after your proposal? Hubs proposed on January 30, 2005 and we got married 18 months later.
8) Who did you hire as your florist? One of my parents friends owns a florist in town so we chose to have him do our flowers and invitations.
9) Did you have a DJ or a band? We had a DJ.
10) Did your father walk you down the aisle? Yes, he did.
11) What color were the bridesmaid dresses & groomsmen vests? Hubs chose the colors that we went with and he did a wonderful job. Because it was the summer we wanted something lighter and the bridesmaids wore a full length papaya colored dress by Mori Lee. The groomsmen wore black tuxes with the same color vest and tie. Hubs wore a black tux with a white tie and vest.
12) What was your first song? We chose Keeper of the Stars by Tracey Lawrence for our first dance. We are both country music fans and felt that it portrayed how we felt about our relationship.
13) How long did it take to plan the wedding? It took us the full 18 months to plan it. I could have planned for longer if I had had more time.
14) What type of limo did you get? We didn't use a limo for our wedding. We were leaving straight from our reception for our honeymoon so we just drove one of our cars.
15) Where did you go for your bachelorette/bachelor Party? We went to dinner and had a lingerie shower and then went to this great redneck/country bar that is pretty popular around here.
16) What type of wedding gown/tux did you two wear? I wore a white, strapless, A-line dress and Hubs wore a lack tux with white vest and tie.
17) How was the weather? HOT. HOT. HOT. We are in the south in June. Other than the heat it was beautiful.
18) Where did you go on your Honeymoon? Charleston, SC. We wanted to go somewhere that we could go to every year to celebrate. It was wonderful too.
19) What was your favorite part of your wedding day? The ride from the ceremony to the reception. It was just me and Hubs and it was so nice to have those few moments together before being with all those people again.
20) How long have you been married? We will celebrate 3 wonderful years in June.
21) What was the worst part of your wedding day? The air conditioner in the reception. There was so many people there and it was so hot outside that it just couldn't keep up. That and the fact that my cathedral train wouldn't bustle so I had to either hold it or drag it around all night.
22) Did you see your husband before the ceremony? No, we did not see each other that day until I walked down the aisle.
23) What kind of flowers were in your bouquet?
24) What were your "something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue"?New was my dress, old was my ring from my parents, and my blue was one of my garters.
25) Did you light a unity candle? yes, we did.
26) Did you cry during your wedding? no, but my maid-of-honor blubbered the entire time. I thought Hubs was crying at one point during the ceremony but he assured me it was sweat covering his face.
27) What was your reception like? a huge party
28) What flavor was your wedding cake? We had different layers. One was chocolate, lemon, amaretto, and vanilla. Our top layer was red velvet which is mine and Hubs favorite.
28) Did you smash cake in each other's face or were you "nice"? At our engagement party I smashed cake in Hub's face so he tried to get me back at the reception but he was nice about it and just barely put it on my nose.
29) Did you freeze the top layer of your cake and eat it on your first wedding anniversary? yes, and it was put in my parents deep freezer. Later that fall my dad and brother were cleaning it out and threw our box with the top layer in it. After they had taken it to the trash dump they thought about it. They actually went back and got it and scrapped all the top icing off and trued to fix it. They ended up telling us about it and we threw it away. Thank goodness they didn't let us eat it.
30) When did you open your wedding gifts? We waited until we got back from our honeymoon and opened them at our house. We took all the cards with us though.
31) Did you have a bridal shower? yes, I had several. I had a Christmas shower, my mother-in-law gave us a shower together for all the out of town guests, my aunts gave me a shower, my bridesmaids gave me a lingerie shower before my bachelorette party, and our friends gave us a couple's lawn and garden shower.
32) The night before your wedding, did you sleep much? yes, I was so wore out from the rehearsal dinner and a night of karaoke and dancing that I was too tired not to sleep.
33) Did your bridal party deck out the get away car? yes, Hub's nickname is Biscuit so his groomsman put the rolls from our dinner all over the car. We were still getting rolls off the next morning that were stuck on the windshield wipers.
34) Words of wisdom for future brides? Don't worry about the small stuff. Not everything is going to go as planned but in the end it doesn't matter. I hardly remember any of the details about my wedding and reception. Just have fun and know that when it is all over you have gotten the greatest gift of all.