This is Hubs and I on my birthday last year.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Sorry about the hodgepodge of a post but I had lots that I wanted to include today.
Check out all my goodies!
I cannot wait to put this out for Christmas. I love anything embroiderded and this could not be more perfect.
2nd- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KIRSTEN!
This is us last Christmas at Disney World. (I told you I would not be wearing the same sweatshirt in my next picture... now I have on the black version. I really do have a lot of clothes)
1- My wonderful (slightly dysfunctional) and loving family! Both mine and Hubs. We both have been blessed with large and very close families. The holidays are always extra special for us because we get to spend them with our families eating (my favorite) and fellowshiping together.
2- Good food! I cannot explain to you how much food we will be surronded by this week. And I plan on eating and eating and eating. I'll make sure that I post some pics of all the delecious foods and share the recipes.
3- My Birthday! I know that I am getting older but I still love to have birthdays. I will be 26 on Sunday. Even though I am excited about my birthday I am not excited about being on the backside of my twenties. Life has only gotten better though and I know that the best has yet to come.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Something cute to end on... this is the outfit that I got at Target for .99 cent. It is a little small for him but it was worth the money just to see him in it. How cute is he?!?! He is really good about wearing costumes.
This is Boone on Halloween 2 years ago. He kept the cape on and sat at the door all night waiting on trick-or-treaters.
Here he is in his Christmas attire.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Jeff is 2 years younger then me and was my very first best friend. We are still extremely close. I never remember us fighting as kids. We were in high school together and even went to the same college. (We did take one class together in college and he made a better grade then me). Jeff is now working on his MBA. He is getting married on June 27th to a wonderful girl (you'll meet her on an upcoming "Family and Friend's Friday). He just bought a house (we all still live close together) and it is weird to see him growing up. To me he will always be my little brother.
* I do not know what in the world has been wrong with me this week. Let me fill you in: Earlier this week I ran into the end of our bed and bruised my thigh, yesterday I make up a word while talking to another teacher, while going to meet my mom yesterday I drove on the wrong side of the road (for a long time until I saw a car coming at me), and then this morning I run into the bathroom wall and am sure that I broke my toe. I need for Thanksgiving vacation to hurry up and get here.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Good bye sweet books. I will be picking you up in 29 more days.
BTW, I woke up with this so heavy on my heart this morning that I am even leaving a book half way finished.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
1) Wonderful in-laws that let me stay with them last night while I was in Gboro for my conference.
2) The creators of the Chocolate Chip Molten Cake from Chili's. I didn't have my camera with me and I couldn't find a picture of the chocolate chip version but here is the original Chocolate Molten cake. YUMMY!
3) A 2-day vacation from my students. Don't get me wrong, I love my job! I can't imagine doing anything else with my life but sometimes teachers just need a break. And I got a much needed one in the form of an Exceptional Children's conference. Not only did I get a mini-vaca but I also got to visit my in-laws and stay with them. Which is when I got the scrumptious dessert from above.
Back to work tomorrow... but I have a field trip tomorrow so it's okay.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Hubs and I met in Jan. 2003 and got married in June 2006. He is such an amazing man. God has given me my soul mate and for that I am eternally blessed. I cannot imagine my life without him in it. During all that we have faced these past few months he has been right beside holding my hand and crying with me. I love him now more than I ever have and each day that love grows tenfold.
Hubs loves hunting, fishing, sports, and NASCAR (In case you didn't guess... his neck is red). He is the youngest of 3 boys and still his mommas baby.
Please leave you opinions on this theme. I really want to share with you and honor the people in my life that mean so much to me. Also, I desperately need help coming up with ideas for Monday- Thursday. If you have any suggestions please feel free to leave them.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
100 Things About Me
1. I am married to the love of my life.
2. My favorite color is yellow.
3. I teach at the same high school that I graduated from.
4. Diet Sundrop is an addiction for me.
5. I have had the same best friend since I was born.
6. Wrapping Christmas presents with my mom is my all time favorite thing to do.
7. I have one brother that is 3 years younger than me.
8. I love to bake.
9. I coach high school softball.
10. I changed my major three times in college.
11. Teaching was not one of my 3 majors… I got my certificate after college.
12. I am addicted to The Bachelor and Bachelorette.
13. I was in a sorority in college.
14. My husband was in a fraternity.
15. We met at a party in college and have been together ever since.
16. I lived in the same house from the time that I was born until the time I went to college.
17. I love to read
18. Karen Kingsbury is my favorite author.
19. I could eat Mexican food everyday.
20. I am slightly OCD.
21. My first job was cutting grass with my dad’s lawncare business
22. My dad is a teacher too
23. Fall is the best time of the year!
24. I am addicted to Chap Stick.
25. We had 9 bridesmaids and groomsman in our wedding.
26. My mom and dad have been married for almost 35 years.
27. The farthest place I have visited is Canada and Mexico.
28. My husband and I take 2 one-week vacations a year. In July and in December.
29. My brother is getting married in June.
30. Hubs and I have been trying to have a baby for the past 8 months.
31. I had my appendix taken out when I was in the 4th grade.
32. I love to wear sweatpants and a hooded sweatshirt.
33. I have naturally curly hair.
34. Hubs says my eyes are the color of “baby poop”. (By this he means they are light golden brown)
35. I teach special education.
36. I go to Walmart at least once a week.
37. I drink lots of water.
38. Exercising is great when you do it with friends.
39. I cannot drive a 5 speed.
40. I brush my teeth all the time. I keep a toothbrush and toothpaste at work.
41. I love to plan parties.
42. My brown Rainbow flip flops are a wardrobe staple.
43. I own one pair of jeans that actually fit me.
44. I take my lunch to work everyday.
45. I have an entire closet full of holiday decorations.
46. I have both a Christmas and Halloween village that I put out.
47. Coke in a glass bottle always makes me feel better when I am sick.
48. I take a hot bath almost every night. My favorite time to read is in the bath tub.
49. My brother and I graduated from the same university. We even had a class together and he made a better grade then me.
50. I have 2 nephews and a niece (all of Hub’s side)
51. Sweet Home Alabama is one of my favorite movies.
52. I wash my sheets every Saturday (we did this when I was a child as did my mom when she was growing up).
53. My first car was a brand new Mustang.
54. I would rather give gifts than get them
55. I send cards out for everything
56. I go to bed early every night.
57. Green is the color that I wear most.
58. I do not like jewelry. The only things I wear are my engagement and wedding rings, a ring my parents gave me, and simple hoop earrings.
59. I have the worst vision. I cannot see a thing without my glasses or contacts.
60. I am a homebody. I like to travel but not for very long or very far.
61. Vera Bradley’s are the best bags ever. I probably have owned 15 in the past 7 years.
62. My favorite smells are apple, pumpkin, and leaves burning.
63. I am the worst procrastinator. I usually don’t do anything unless it is last minute.
64. As soon as I get home from work I change into pajamas or work out clothes. I have to be comfortable.
65. I do not like crowded places. I prefer small groups to large gatherings.
66. I try to read my bible every night right before I go to bed.
67. I am a republican and love George W. Bush.
68. My favorite month is November.
69. I get ill when I am hungry. If Hubs and I are fighting then he knows he can feed me and I will be sweet as sugar.
70. Minnesota has got to be the most beautiful state. I went there 2 years ago and have never seen anywhere that was nicer.
71. I love Christmas music and usually begin listening to it early in November.
72. I hate to wear heels. Thankfully ballet flats became popular last year.
73. Hubs is super tall which I love. The few times that I wear heels I don’t have to worry about ever being taller than him.
74. I dislike professional sports but love college sports.
75. The first concert that I ever attended was Aerosmith when I was a freshman in college.
76. I hate to listen to my Ipod through the earphones.
77. My favorite thing to do in the summer is lay out and read a good book.
78. I’ve only been on one cruise and didn’t like it.
79. I would go to Disney World every year if I could. (I’ve been 7 times)
80. I hate coffee.
81. If I could travel anywhere in the world I would love to go to Wyoming, Montana, and Ireland.
82. This year was the first time that I have ever voted. (BTW, my guy didn’t win)
83. I am super disorganized. I lose everything.
84. I am a country girl… I do not do the city well.
85. Love animals of all kinds… except cats. Cats are sneaky and they scare me.
86. I keep my toenails painted at all times.
87. I never paint my fingernails. Chipped nails look horrible to me.
88. I have very little patience… which is weird considering my career.
89. It is impossible for me to sit and watch a movie without doing other things.
90. I love the smell of fresh laundry.
91. I wear Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body Works every day from September through February. From March through April I wear Pear Berry and from May through August I wear Coco Cabana.
92. Myspace has been the best way to keep up with college and high school friends that we had lost touch with.
93. My favorite ice cream flavor is Banana Pudding or Chocolate.
94. French fries with ranch dressing should be its own food group.
95. My mom had my ears pierced when I was 2 so that people would know I was a girl.
96. I had no hair until I was 4, when I did finally grow hair it was blond ringlets.
97. I love to wear my hair in a pony tail.
98. I am horrible at math.
99. I always get complimented on how white my teeth are.
100. Choc Chip cookies that are slightly burnt are the best.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
* In April my cousin will be going back for his 2nd tour of Iraq. He left earlier this week to begin his stations which will take him to both Mississippi and California before he is deployed. He has a daughter that will turn 1 at the end of this month. Please keep him and his family in your prayer.
Friday, November 7, 2008
I saw this quote on Chapter's blog and had to share it with ya'll. The radio station that I listen to in the morning does a "Quick Minute with Beth Moore" each day and I love it. This quote is also great! On Wed. one of my special education students came in 3rd period with his girlfriend and showed me their ultrasound pic's and told me that they were having a lil boy. And here I am smiling and telling them congratulations when what I'm really thinking is "Why, God? Why do these 16 year old kids get to have a baby and I am having all this trouble?" It's hard. Especially working in a high school where there are way too many students that are pregnant or already parents. It's not my place to know WHY though. And this quote explains that. God will allow us to ask why; he will risk our doubts because he knows that the pain and desperation that we feel now will all be forgotten when his glory and blessings shine upon us.
Please check out Kelly's prayer blog that she has started. My name is on the list as are many other wonderful women that are waiting on a child or a husband. Please lift them up to the Lord.
"Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them".–Matt. 18:20
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
"When you trust God, you can relax and enjoy life. You don't have to go through life worrying and trying to figure out how to solve all your problems. Think about all the things that you have worried about in your life and how they have all worked out. That ought to help you realize that worry and reasoning are a waste of time and energy. stop worrying, Stop complicating your life by trying to figure out everything. Just admit that you don't know, that you are not able, that you need God. Then go on living and enjoy life while God is giving you the answers"
Wow, that last part says it all. "Go on living and enjoy life while God is giving you the answers". I don't like to make all of my posts about infertility but because it has basically consumed all of my thoughts it is hard not to talk about. I feel (and myself included) that so many women struggling with IF stop living their life. Instead we are so consumed with the future and when we will be sharing in the joys of motherhood and having a family. I am declaring that from today forward I am going to live in the NOW. Not tomorrow or next month or next year. Not when I am a mommy but RIGHT NOW. While I am a wife to a wonderful husband, daughter to 2 loving parents, sister to my best friend, friend, teacher, daughter-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt, coach, etc. There is plenty of time for me to be a mom. Hubs and I are still young and we need to enjoy the time that we have while it is just the two of us.
This blog has connected me with so many wonderful ladies that I would have never met otherwise. There are women that are going through the same things that I am facing. There are plenty that have been doing it a lot longer than I have. I pray for these women each day, usually multiple times a day and I know that they are praying for me. I believe that I am going through this struggle for a reason and that one day I will be a mom and that I will be a better one because of it. My struggles with IF will not only make me a better mom; they have already made me a better Christan and wife. And I feel that that is all part of God's plan.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Here we are before the game started. This was right before we had to walk 2 miles to the stadium and since it is in the mountains it really is all up hill.
In a stadium that only holds less than 30,000 there were 30,997 there that night. The hill is now the student section. Which because it was Halloween (and you would not believe some of the costumes or lack of) and it was freezing outside the hill was empty after halftime.
Hubs and I at the game. If he was willing to take pictures during the game then you know it wasn't worth paying attention.
My lil brother and me. Besides Hubs this boy is the most important person to me in the world. We have always been best friends and have only gotten closer as we get older.
And last one... Hubs and Bro posing for the camera.