Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekend Review

Friday after school we had a pizza and pool party for the high school softball team I coach. I had to leave that early so that I could get home and shower in time for us to meet Jeff and Kirs at Hog Happenin (the motorcycle festival). We did a wine tasting and walked around looking at all the vendors. At 8pm we made our way to the adult beverage section so that we could listen to the band Charity Case. Their lead singer is a local morning show radio personality from Charlotte. We had such a good time!





Saturday morning I got up early to meet 2 of my co-workers at the Greenway to walk. We walked 4.5 miles and I was sweating like a pig. Afterwards I went to my parents so I could jump in the pool.

Saturday night we had the Inaugural Oldtimers Softball game (which I hosted to raise money for the high school softball team). The rules were that you had to play softball at our high school in the past. We had an amazing turnout and raised a $1,000. Plus, we had a ton of fun playing. I have a lot more pictures to share but I thought I would give you a sample.



This is me batting.
Sunday morning we skipped church and slept in late. My poor body needed extra rest from all the work it did on Saturday. Hubs had worked in the yard all day Saturday so he needed it too. Yesterday afternoon we had a birthday party for one of my cousins at my grandmas so we ate dinner there.
This week is our last week of school. In fact, today is our only full day this week. Friday is a workday and then I have two workdays next week and then its SUMMER VACATION!!!!

3 comments:

Michelle (michabella) said...

Okay I am totally commenting ALL over your page! I just saw you graduated from APP State!!! I have a couple of friends who went there! (I dated someone who is from Hickory, NC) He took me up to App State and around the area...Bowling Rock? Or something like that for a picnic date. BEAUTIFUL!

Summer Athena said...

i miss playing softball!!!!! Did you hit a homer? ;)

Kelsey Claire said...

You look in charge in your picture. You go girl! I love softball and what great memories it brings back. Yeah for summer vacation!