Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend Review

Back to the real world... hmm, just 8 more school days left. This weekend Hubs and I went to Myrtle Beach, SC to stay with my parents and brother and sister-in-law. (My parents have a house there). My in-laws were also there; staying at their condo across the road. Hubs got off work early on Friday but traffic was bad on the way down so we finally got there around 8:30pm. We met my parents at a sports bar called Oscars and Hubs's parents came to eat with us although they had already eaten. I had the BEST philly cheese steak sand which ever.


Momma and I at Oscars

My FIL and Hubs. Carolina vs. the Real Carolina (USC that is).
Me with momma and dad.
Saturday morning it rained for just a little bit but it ended up being a beautiful day. We spent all morning and early afternoon on the beach. I love to take a chair down to the water and read.

Hubs and I at the ocean.

My parents with Jeff and Kirsten.

We also played a little cornhole.

I'm not very good but if you know me at all then you know that I DO NOT LOSE! I am a very competitive person and I think my face in this picture shows that.
Mom, Kirsten, and I went in to take showers and then went to the outlets to shop a little. We met the boys at The Chesapeake House for a delicious fish dinner.

Dad with me and Kirs.


I love my sister-in-law.

After dinner Hubs and I went with Jeff and Kirs to Broadway at the Beach to walk around and drink a little. The traffic was so bad that it took us over an hour to go four miles.
Sunday Hubs and I decided that we had gotten enough sun on Saturday and hung out with his parents instead. We had lunch with them and his brother at the Dead Dog Saloon in Murrell's Inlet and then went to the mall. Hubs and I did go to the pool for a little while that afternoon before taking the golf cart to meet them for dinner at a wonderful Mongolian Grill.


We got up early on Monday morning to come home. It was a great weekend and I cannot wait till July to go back.
We spent the Memorial Holiday relaxing and washing lots of clothes from the weekend. We watched a movie then had dinner at our favorite mexican place.

3 comments:

Token Yankee said...

Sounds fun! I was in Charleston and had a little too much fun if you know what I mean!

Heather said...

Cornhole is awesome...I get hooked on that game when I start playing it!

Lori said...

I love playing cornhole on the beach!!! You are rockin out that bikini girl!!!

It looks like you had such a fabulous time!!