Friday, November 7, 2008

God will risk being misunderstood.

"God knows when something glorious in the future necessitates something difficult in the present. Because He knows the glory will be worth it, God will risk being misunderstood." Beth Moore

I saw this quote on Chapter's blog and had to share it with ya'll. The radio station that I listen to in the morning does a "Quick Minute with Beth Moore" each day and I love it. This quote is also great! On Wed. one of my special education students came in 3rd period with his girlfriend and showed me their ultrasound pic's and told me that they were having a lil boy. And here I am smiling and telling them congratulations when what I'm really thinking is "Why, God? Why do these 16 year old kids get to have a baby and I am having all this trouble?" It's hard. Especially working in a high school where there are way too many students that are pregnant or already parents. It's not my place to know WHY though. And this quote explains that. God will allow us to ask why; he will risk our doubts because he knows that the pain and desperation that we feel now will all be forgotten when his glory and blessings shine upon us.

Please check out Kelly's prayer blog that she has started. My name is on the list as are many other wonderful women that are waiting on a child or a husband. Please lift them up to the Lord.

"Where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them".–Matt. 18:20

2 comments:

Kendra said...

I saw that quote on Amy's blog too. LOVE it. It spoke to me in the same way.
I am so blessed by Kelly's list! I am writing everyone's name down, so that I can pray for them daily. Can't wait to see the "praise" list begin!! =-)

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Hi Kelly,

I am your Christmas swap partner with Clemson girl!

email me your address! Can't wait to swap!

wiljen109@aol.com