Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Taking a break...

I am taking a break from reading any book or magazine that it not either my Bible or my two devotionals. Or The Love Dare since our church is starting a series on it this Sunday. This break will last one month and is to help me connect with God and His word. I LOVE to read... it is my passion. I have so many books and spend just about all my free time reading. I have been praying that God would reveal to me something that I needed to "give up" so that I can draw closer to Him. At first I thought about shopping but I have put that on the back burner since it just didn't make sense with Christmas coming up. I certainly couldn't wait until December 20th to do my Christmas shopping. I do plan on going back to this one after the new year. Giving up reading for a month is going to be especially difficult for me because I will have Thanksgiving break off from school. I am praying that this time will bring me even closer to God. Please keep me in your prayers.

Good bye sweet books. I will be picking you up in 29 more days.
BTW, I woke up with this so heavy on my heart this morning that I am even leaving a book half way finished.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I admire your sacrifice and listening to what the Lord wants you to do! I know He'll bless it!

Candie said...

Hey Kelly,
I've not heard of that one! My problem is that I now have that fibroid growing in my uterus. I've got to pick and choose how long and how much/many hormones I can take because the hormones are what make the fibroid grow. My body produces enough hormones on its own, so the added hormones only, well, add to the growth. I am interested to learn about other options like you've mentioned. We're basically giving ourselves 3 months on the next "drug" and then we're "done" trying with drugs. I can't wait to find out your results. Will you post if you're positive? If not, will you let me know? I'll be praying...

Nicole said...

Hey Kelly, thanks for the comment. I love your blog, I am add you to my list of readers.