Monday, December 8, 2008

Wedding Etiquette

Venting a little here:

Saturday we got a Save the Date card from one of our friends from college. He happens to be one of Hub's fraternity brothers. Well anyways the Save the Date comes and, listen to this, is addressed to Hubs and Guest. WHAT!!! We have been married for 2.5 years and this guy was at our wedding. Hubs and I dated for 3 years of college and hung out with this guy every weekend. He knows my name! He knows that we are married! In fact his future wife even has the same name as me. Now, to be fair I am guessing that he probably didn't do the Save the Dates but you should still know who they are going to and have them addressed correctly. The southern girl in me is all about etiquette and for some reason this tore me up. Hubs thought it was funny and asked did that mean he didn't have to take me as his guest. Hilarious.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's terrible!!!

Kendra said...

I am so with you on this....rudeness!!

Brennan S said...

We once got a wedding gift for Michael and wife. Just in case he didn't marry me and picked a different wife. He thought it was funny.

Lianna Knight said...

I have been so particular since our wedding...I was so upset that people showed up to our "sit down" reception without sending the RSVP and then we had some people that RSVPed and didn't show up. Our reception was a LOT of money and I vowed to never put anyone else in that same situation :)

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Here's one for you. Our neighbor for 20 years, a 70-ish widower was marrying a 70-ish widow who happened to be from my husband's and my hometown and a friend of my mother-in-law. For some odd reason, they invited my husband to the wedding and didn't include me...plain as day...the envelope was addressed to Mr. John H. Doe...

amy (metz) walker said...

Wow, that's pretty bad...I've got to admit!