Thursday, September 24, 2009

Put me in coach

Coaching is a huge part of my life. I spend every afternoon during the fall (volleyball) and the spring (softball) coaching high school girls. Most of you know that I teach at the same high school that I graduated from. During my high school years I played volleyball, basketball, and softball. (My school is extremely small so besides track those were the only girl sports we had. And no, I do not consider cheer leading a sport. I know that it is a lot of work and you need to be in shape to do it)


I love being able to give back to the school and community. I love getting to be connected to the sports I love even though I am too old to play myself.

I love working with teenage girls and try to be a positive role model for them.

And most of all I love the friendship that has developed through coaching. Lindsey and I both started teaching at BCHS the same year and met at the first volleyball practice over the summer. Since then we have been inseparable. She is such a great coach and an even better person.

No comments: