Monday, June 20, 2011

Road Trip Day 1: Driving and the best pizza ever

We are still on our road trip but I have access to Internet while we are in California so I thought I would go ahead and share some of our road trip with ya'll. Tuesday was my last teacher workday (well, it was since I took Wednesday off) so momma picked me up from work and we were on our way!

We had already made plans to stop in Knoxville and eat at a place called Pizza Palace that was featured on Food Networks Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives.



Pizza Palace was definitely a drive-in. There were about three stools inside but other than that there wasn't any sitting.
We ordered a everything pizza and added green olives (which thanks to Hubs are my favorite pizza topping).


Hands down this was the BEST pizza I've ever had! If you live anywhere near Knoxville run and get one. Now!

We ate in the car and kept driving. Our next stop was Nashville.


We went down Broadway on a Tuesday night at 8:30 and there were hundreds of people out. Country music was blaring from dozens of bars. I wished we could have stayed longer.


Nashville seems like such a fun place.

We also stopped and went in the Ryman Auditorium.


It was beautiful inside.




I loved the arches.




I was able to get a quick snap of the Tennessee Titan's stadium as we were leaving Nashville.


On day one we drove all the way to Illinois and spent the first night there.

Stay tune for much more...

6 comments:

mrs.mfc said...

I don't know that I've ever had green olives on a pizza?? That sounds great though!!

Mallory said...

I can't believe you drove all the way to Illinois before stopping! Where did you stay? That's awesome...and the pizza look to die for!

Annie said...

Wow, looks like a great trip so far. That pizza looks amazing! Can't wait to hear more!

Heather said...

I'm definitely going to try that pizza place in Knoxville the next time I drive through! I hope you are having a blast on your trip!

Melissa Jo said...

I love visiting DDD places! That is how I normally pick my outta town restaurants 'because they were on DDD they must be good!' SO far, has yet to disappoint!

Kendra said...

Yummmyyyy that pizza looks tasty!! Hope you are having fun!