Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend was spent at the beach.

We drove down Friday after Hubs got off work.


Saturday I sat out on the beach while Hubs played golf with a few of his customers and then we headed to the pool to cool off.


We had an early dinner at our favorite restaurant in the world. Its a authentic Italian place and the chicken parmigiana is so yummy. After dinner we rode up the strip in my parents convertible and people watched.


I had a mint in my mouth and it was about to fall out.

Heres a much better one.


For any of you that are familiar with Myrtle Beach on Memorial Day Weekend you know that it is one of the bike weeks so this is my aunt and cousin in Wal-Mart showing how we participated in Bike Week 2011.

Sunday was another day at the ocean.


I bought these glasses for Hubs from Hobby Lobby after Easter for 18 cents. The first picture my parents ever saw of Hubs was in college and he had on a pair of green ones just like these. My mom looked at that picture and said "Kelly, he doesn't really look like your type."


My aunt and uncle.


After a lot of sun the girls headed to the outlets to shop before meeting the men at House of Blues for dinner. After we ate and watched some of the NASCAR race I talked Hubs into going to Cracker Barrel for dessert.

We ordered the apple dumplin with ice cream. YUMMY!!!!


and heres an after picture...

needless to say; he loved it too.

Monday morning we packed up and came home early since Hubs had a church softball game. I am already looking forward to the next beach trip.

2 comments:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Looks like a fun weekend :) That dessert looks delicious!

Girl in Carolina said...

What a fun weekend! We were down at Myrtle last weekend too, and as the sun was starting to set it sounded like a Nascar race outside with all those bikes!

That dessert looks amazinggggg.