Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I need my own cooking show!

Hubs and I have been busy in the kitchen this weekend. I love the WW online tools and I have been getting tons of recipes off it. And not just point friendly recipes but recipes that actually taste great too. Since the weather has been blah here I have been cooking up a (snow) storm... sorry for the bad joke. Btw, schools were closed again today and will most likely be closed tomorrow too. I have enjoyed the time off but I know I will get stir crazy soon.

Let me share some of the wonderful things I've made this weekend.

Sunday after church Hubs and I came home to crock pot chicken and stuffing which was a recipe that I shared with ya'll last week. It was so simple and very yummy. I paired it with green beans and corn.


I also decided to try a Spice Muffin recipe since I was pretty sure that we would be out of work for a few days. These muffins are 0 points on WW.

You start with a box of Spice cake mix, one egg, 1/2 cup of water, and 15oz can of pumpkin. Mix it all together like so...


fill your muffin pans 2/3 of the way full (it makes 24 muffins)



and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350


they come out looking great and tasting even better.

Hubs also wanted to get in on the culinary action so he made homemade salsa for the first time and it was the best I have ever tasted. And ya'll know I love my Mexican food so I consider myself to be a salsa expert. He even fancied it up for its picture since he knew I would share it on the blog. Salsa is 0 points and 15 baked tortilla chips are 3 points.


He's already made 2 batches since Sunday. I think I'm going to go eat some now.

11 comments:

Allison said...

I'm going to have to try those muffins! I can't believe they are 0 points. I did WW back in 2008, and it definitely worked for me. Maybe I should start again ... my office is starting a weight loss challenge tomorrow (which I'm doing!), so it's a perfect time!

Sarah Robbins said...

Those muffins look great! I think I am going to make some right now. I actually have all the ingredients (which is good since we're weathered in, too!).

Kelly said...

Sarah, let me know what you think about the muffins. I am getting ready to try another new recipe; Banana Pudding Ice Cream Cupcakes. Believe it or not but they are only 4 pts each and sound delicious!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

You MUST post the salsa recipe! We love some Mexican food, too, and I make salsa and love it, but I always love to try something new! I'm definitely going to try the muffins AND the crockpot chicken! I'm all about easy these days!

Annie said...

I love just cooking tons of stuff while we're stuck inside. It's the whole reason I stock up on basics when they're on sale!

Mallory said...

My husband fancies up the pictures too! Last night it took forever for him to sit down and eat because he kept snapping shots of the brisket sandwiches we had!!! LOL! I'll post that tonight, it was good and pretty healthy.

Kelly said...

Oooh! It all sounds so delicious :-D Isn't cooking in the kitchen fun?? I bet your salsa is SO tasty... I love me some homemade salsa!!

Jenn W said...

those spice muffins look and sound delicious! definitely want to try them.

thanks for following my blog--i saw that you are a SpEd teacher..love it! i'm getting my masters in special education right now :)

LeAnna said...

I love the spice muffin with pumpkin idea, must try that. And noooothing beats homemade salsa!

Mandy's Memories said...

Looks soooo yummmy!

Unknown said...

If you're serious about hosting your own cooking show, then you should try these guys a try:

http://krazygoodfoodtv.com/Want-Your-Own-Cooking-Show.aspx

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their programs