Thursday, August 13, 2009

Randomness

I will apologize before hand for the randomness of this post. I just had lots to share and no better way to organize it.

School starts back for teachers next Wed. so I have been working in my classroom trying to get it ready for the students. Although we have a week to work before the kids come back we have freshman orientation next Thursday so they want our rooms to be ready by then. I am only getting four 9th graders this year compared to the nine that I got last year. So that is a lot better but when I only graduated two seniors this past year it still means that my numbers are going up. Soon I will be posting some before and after pictures of my classroom.

Next order of business: these are the super cute flats that I got at Target for $10. They have black, bronze, zebra print, and these leopard print ones. I love leopard print and these are really comfortable.

If you pay any attention to my currently reading sidebar then you know that I was reading The Shack. I have heard lots of great things about this book but I just couldn't make it through it. The writing was hard for me to read and digest and I made it halfway through and it just seemed like it was taking me forever. Two ladies that work in our office both said the same thing but that it was worth it in the end. I had borrowed it from the library though and it was due yesterday so I went ahead and turned it back in and will try to pick it back up later. If anyone else has read it I would love to hear your opinions on it.
Now I am reading Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult. Once I read My Sister's Keeper I have tried to pick up any book of hers that I can get my hands on. So far I have read Nineteen Minutes (very good) and The Tenth Circle (also very good). I tried to read Picture Perfect and Second Glance and couldn't get through them. They were two of her older books and her writing was a little different. I love to talk about books so please share with me if you have any suggestions for reading material.
See this girl with me in this picture. She is my best friend in the world. She is also one of the nicest and most caring people that you could ever have the pleasure of knowing. And She's Pregnant! She doesn't have a blog but I know that she reads mine and since none of you know her then she won't mind me sharing her good news. She was so worried and upset about telling me because she thought I would be upset. While I am jealous that she got pregnant the first month of BCP (yes, obviously it is that easy for some people) I could not be more excited and happy for her. She and her husband will make wonderful parents! She has been there for me throughout everything that I have been through with infertility and I know that she will continue to be. Just as I will be there for her in all the joys of this pregnancy. BTW, I plan on spoiling this baby like crazy.

And finally, I got a new hair color. I am now blonde... or a lot lighter than it was. I love it! What do you think? I have always changed my hair color a lot and usually the length but now that it is getting longer I love it. My hair is naturally curly and while I used to think it was a curse I now know what a blessing it is. It takes me zero time to fix it and if I get stuck in the rain it dries back and looks exactly the same. What straight-haired gal can say that?

5 comments:

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

I read the shack a few months ago and absolutely loved it. It lost me a few times but if you keep on going, it comes back around and makes sense. I read it in just about a week or so. I have a copy so if you'd like me to send it to you so you can finish, I will. There are a few things in the book that I don't agree with but the overall message is a good one.

Annie said...

i really like the blonde hair!! :)

Alison said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. Love the shoes from Target. I haven't seen them at my store, but I'll be on the lookout now.

Kathryn said...

I got stuck on it too, but I think I need to pick it back up again. I keep hearing that it is worth it as well.

Your new color is pur-dy!

Kendra said...

I really like the new hair!! Very pretty!!!!

Congrats to your best friend!! =)

It will be fun to spoil her baby, and I can't wait until God blesses you too and you can spoil your own!! I am praying!!!