Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Question and Recap

I'll start with the question first: Has anyone ever had a Endometrial Function Test (EFT) done? I have one scheduled for Friday and am kind of worried about it. The nurse said that it was excoriating painful but only lasts a few minutes. Not exactly something to calm the nerves.

So today was the first day back to school for students. The entire day went great. I didn't start with instruction but instead went over rules and procedures and then did some fun "get-to-know-you" activities. I love my students and am excited for another great school year. The only problem with today was the wedge heels that I wore. They killed my feet! Definitely wearing flats tomorrow.

4 comments:

WaitingandHoping said...

I thought you started last week! Sorry I got confused! I know what you mean about feet hurting the first day! Not cool!

And I have never heard of that test. I pray it is not painful--everyone has a different definition of pain and pain tolerance. My sister told me the HSG wouldn't hurt at all and I thought I was dying! :) I hope everything goes great for you!

Jaclyn said...

Hmmm, I'm not sure about the EFT. I've actually only heard of the HSG. Can they give you anything to relax you a little? Maybe a rum and coke? :)
Yuck, sorry you need to have the test...I hate IF testing. So unfair to begin with, and then they have to torture you! Talk about adding insult to injury!

Lianna Knight said...

I haven't heard of this test either...I did have the HSG test...it was not painful, but more like uncomfortable. Praying for peace for you as you endure this testing...it will ALL be worth it in the end :)

Lori said...

Never heard of this test. I hope its not as bad as it was made out to be.

I'm glad to hear you first day went great. There is nothing better than comfy shoes!!