Saturday, August 29, 2009

Must Have Beauty Products

I love makeup but hate putting it on. My morning makeup regime takes all of 3 minutes to complete. I have used most of the same products since I first started wearing makeup many moons ago. Once I find something that I love, I tend to stick with it. Here are some of my favorite products that I could not be beautiful without...

I only wear lipstick when it is absolutly nessecary. In fact one of my bridesmaids joked that she was going to have to hide my chapstick from me on my wedding day just so I would have to wear lipstick. I will wear it more in the fall and winter seasons. Something about dark lipstick while its warm outside bothers me. But I do love lipgloss. Very little color but lots of shine. My favorite is Victoria Secret's Beauty Rush in a soft shiny shade. Its super thick and stays on. Plus it tastes really good.


For blush I use Flirt which is carried at Kohls' (my all time favorite store). It's inexpensive and great quality. They have tons of shades to choose from. I use a bronze shade.


I hate the feel of foundation on my face. I can't stand to actually feel like I am wearing makeup. That's why I have used Clinque's City Base in Honey Milk for years. Its so light and somes in this great compact for easy travel. I use it in the morning and then toss it in my purse if I know its going to be a long day. And even re-applying later doesn't make it feel heavy or gunky.


I could NOT live without this product. Covergirl's trio-eyeshadow in Shimmering Sands. My best friend and I have worn this since high school. We both still wear it on a daily basis. It is so flattering. Shiny but not dark. I seriously need to stock up incase they ever quit selling it.


I never had acne as a teenager but once I went to college I started to break out some. I do have some acne scars that you can only see when your close up but when my best friend and sister-in-law raved about Murad face care I knew that I needed to try it; and boy were they right. This stuff is wonderful. I use the post-acne care kit which has gretaly reduced the scars and blemishs on my face. It is more expensive but has been worth every penny. I order mine from a store on Ebay.


This is not a daily beauty product but I so swear by it. Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails polish. I have thin nails and since I am so active (between coaching and teaching), I worry about them
breaking. I have just recently let them get long and this stuff has really helped. I always keep at least 2 coats on my nails and just paint over it with whatever color I want.

1 comment:

Lianna Knight said...

That covergirl eyeshadow made me think of my BFF...she has worn that exact SAME shade since high school too :)