Friday, August 14, 2009

Favorite Vacation Spot



This week in Show Us your Life is Favorite Vacation Spot. Since I have more than one I am going to share our favorite three:



Every summer for as long as I can remember my family has been going to Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC. When I was little we had a camper but for the past 20 or so years we have been staying in houses at this campground. If you never heard of Ocean Lakes; it is huge. There is so much to do that you never even have to leave the campground. Hubs and I love it and can't wait to share this place with our children.


Hubs parent's also have a place at North Myrtle Beach so we stay there a lot to. We usually go the week of Christmas with them and also spend some time in the summer at their place. It is such a beautiful place and we spending time with them there.




Another place that we love to go to is Pigeon Forge, TN. We usually go here at least 3 times a year. We love to go in the fall and see all the decorations. Twice a year they have a huge craft show that we go to. We are actually going in September with my family and staying in a cabin.




My all-time favorite vacation spot is Disney World. I love everything Disney! These are pictures from when we went 2 Christmas's ago. I am trying to talk Hubs into going this Christmas.

5 comments:

Delightful Dwelling said...

Oooh, Myrtle Beach and the Smokey Mountains. Two places I want to go someday.

King J's Queen said...

All three are wonderful places! My hubby and I went to Myrtle Beach for our honeymoon. Have you ever made it to Calabash, not too far north of MB?

Shannon said...

camping is so much fun... especially with kids in tow!

Jennifer said...

We live near the smokies and love em'. =) It was always a hit vacation spot for me growing up and now I live here...wierd.
I love staying in a cabin in the mountains. It's so relaxing. Enjoy your upcoming trip!! Beware there is a HUGE car show in early september, and traffic will be HORRID in PF.

Myrtle beach rocks! My hubby and I spent some time there on our honeymoon. We stayed at the Yachtsman. It was great!

WaitingandHoping said...

I LOVE Disney too! I've only been to DisneyWorld once, but since I'm originally from California, I've been to DisneyLand probably 20 times--my family used to go together once a year. So fun! We took my husband one year, but I think he was a little overwhelmed.