Monday, June 8, 2009

Out of Hiding

I want to further explain about my short break from blogging recently. The blogging world was not the only thing in my life that I was not keeping up with. I was also trying to hide from God. and I mean really trying to hide. I was letting some other things take over in my life. Not addictions or anything but just temptations. And the sad thing is that I could see them then for what they were. It really showed me how fragile my faith is. I couldn't sleep or spend quality time with anyone that I cared about. I was scared to blog in fear that ya'll might see how weak I was.


Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

I have prayed that God will make me strong in His word. That He will forgive me for turning my back on Him at a time when I should have been turning towards Him.

Since Jesus himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested. Hebrews 2:18

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Oh Kelly...I have been there!! I can't tell you how many times I cry when the song "Come thy fount of many blessings" comes on the radio, because when it says "prone to wander, Lord I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love...here's my heart Lord, take and seal it.." that is SO my heart!!! And I want the Lord to take and SEAL IT!!!!
Will be praying for you!
Love and hugs,
kendra

Kathryn said...

You know, we all have those moments and even though it doesn't excuse our actions, I think it just makes our faith stronger in the end. Keep doing what you are doing and everything will be all good.

I'm proud of you for recognizing your path and taking the steps to correct it. That is often difficult to do as temptation can be so much easier. Trust me...I know.

Hang in there and I'll be thinking of you!