Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Budget Cuts

The county that I teach in has decided not to renew the contracts of every teacher that has not been tenured or been teaching for less than 4 years. This includes me. And 646 other teachers. My principal has told me that I don't need to worry about it and that he will do all that he can to keep my position. I am praying that I get to stay in the school and classroom that I am in now. There are 15 other teachers in my school that are not getting their contracts renewed. In a school that only has 38 teachers total. There is no way that we would operate with 22 teachers. Please keep this situation in your prayers if you think about it. I am praying that I will be kept or put in the position that God wants me in. I love my students and cannot imagine leaving them. Also, please pray for my best friend and 2 of my really good friends, they are all on this list too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am praying for you Kelly!!

Candie said...

remind me....are you texas?

USCEmily said...

Budget cuts are harsh!! I will say a prayer for you and your friends!

Sue said...

Wow, Kelly...I am so praying for you. I am a retired school teacher. What has been happening with our teachers is mind-boggling. So sad, in our school district we are losing many of our new young teachers with fresh ideas. They do not like teaching because extra burdens have been placed on them because they are new. It is such a refreshing change to see someone young enjoying teaching. Your school district needs to wake up and 'smell the roses'.