Friday, August 7, 2009

Wedding Reception and Honeymoon

Once Hubs and I were engaged we had 18 months to plan our wedding. (We got engaged during my last year of college and wanted to make sure that we had plenty of time to plan. I graduated in December 2005 and we were married June 2006). Most of my planning was spent on the reception. I really wanted everyone to have a great time and enjoy it. Our reception was held at the Cramer Mountain Country Club. All of the tables were set up in the big ball room along with the DJ and dance floor. The bar and buffet were in a connecting room. The country club also has a wrap around porch that overlooks the golf course and we had tables set up out there.



Our first dance was to Tracey Byrd's "Keeper of the Stars".


Erin, Kirsten, Brandi, and I at the reception.




My brother Jeff and my new sister-in-law, Kirsten.


Cutting the cake.


I am not shy. I may be a horrible dancer but I don't mind doing it.


During the blessing.

Sparkler exit.

Dancing with my bridesmaids.

More dancing. I was so tired by the end of the night.


Half of the ball room.


I can't remember what we were looking at.

We both had do much fun at our reception. I wouldn't change a thing about it. It was the best way to round our perfect day.

Hubs and honeymooned in Charleston, SC and Myrtle Beach, SC. We spent our wedding night in Charlotte at the Marriott Downtown. We had the most beautiful room. The next morning we woke up and drove the 3 hours to Charleston where we spent 3 days at the Historic Embassy Suites. We toured plantations, walked the Battery, shopped in the Market, and ate the best food. For the last part of the week we stayed at my in-laws condo in Myrtle Beach, SC. This was the time for us to relax and spend down time together before coming home and going back to work. I'm sorry but I didn't have a single picture from our honeymoon on this computer.

5 comments:

A Refocused Life said...

Beautiful. I loved your color choice for the bridesmaids dresses. Thanks for sharing.

WaitingandHoping said...

Looks like fun! I so wish we could have had dancing at our wedding! That was my main wish at our wedding that didn't come to pass! :( oh well!

Love the bridesmaids dresses!

And yes, I bought a plaid shirt today at American Eagle and thought of you! :)

Lianna Knight said...

So pretty! I love your bridesmaid dresses...pretty coral :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Beautiful wedding....loved looking at the pictures..

I have a GREAT giveaway going through Sunday night...$100 Surprise Gift....with a little Christmas to go along with it.

Jennie said...

Looks like a lot of fun..and very pretty! I love Keeper of the Stars!!!