Friday, May 22, 2009

Going to the Chapel (and the in-laws)

We have a wedding this weekend. This wedding. (If your new to my blog go back and read my post on the invitation we received for this wedding). The groom is one of Hub's fraternity brothers and we haven't met the bride yet. The wedding takes place in Hub's hometown which is 2 hours away from us. So I am picking Hubs up from work this afternoon and we are making the trek. We are staying with the in-laws (which I love, btw). The wedding is Sat. with a cocktail hour and dinner and dancing following. Seriously this wedding starts at 2:00pm and will not end until late that night. Not sure if us early birds will make it that long. It will be a ton of fun to see some of our college buddies that we haven't seen in what feels like forever. We will spend the rest of the weekend hanging out with family. Chris plans on fishing and playing golf all weekend and I plan on laying out in the sun, reading, and shopping. Sounds like the perfect long weekend. Both of us have Monday off from work so we won't be coming back until that afternoon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you have FUN!!! BTW, what did y'all decide to do about the present? Ha ha!!!

Unknown said...

Have a great time!

Summer Athena said...

cannot wait to see the pictures! haha!

btw, do you think putting registry cards in the wedding invite is tacky? some people do and some don't.

Summer Athena said...

i totally agree. registry cards in the shower invites ONLY, never the wedding. it's like, please come to my wedding but you better bring a gift form BBB registry No: %&&#%$*&. hahah! and this was my BFF's wedding invite. i blame it on his bride to be. it's my pet peeve!