Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Summer Reading List

I am so ready for summer and there is nothing that I love more than sitting out by the pool or ocean (which is where I will be for over 2 weeks this summer) and reading a good book. So in honor of this I have already started my summer reading list and thought that I would share it with you guys.

I have heard so many good things about this book and am not why I haven't already read it. I think I will save it for summer though.




Has anyone ever read any of her books?


Heard that this one is a tear jerker. Not sure I want to be bawling at the beach.


I haven't read anything by this author yet either.


I have already bought the 1st book (actually a month ago) and haven't read it yet. I know that so many of you have read these and really liked them How do they compare to the Twilight series?

If you haven't ever read a book by Dixie Cash then you must go out and by one.
They are hilarious!
This is just a few of the books that have made my summer reading list.
I promise to share more with you later.
Also, please leave a comment with your favorite book of all time or a book that you think I should add to my list.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The Shack is amazing!! My favorite author is Jodi Piccoult...all of her books deal with serious moral or legal issues, and really make you think, but still have great character depth and interesting plots! My Sister's Keeper is a really good one, but sort of a tear jerker.

Sarah said...

I've read several books by Kristin Hannah and have enjoyed them all! My favorite book of all time is Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught. I read it probably once a year! A lot of the ones on your summer reading list look good - I'll have to check them out!

momma said...

suzanne's diary for nicholas by james patterson is good. there is some language in it. but it will make you cry.

also, i like anything by karen kingsbury or nicholas sparks.

Candie said...

I know this sounds pathetic....but it takes a REALLY GREAT book for me to sit long enough to read one. And I usually finish it in two or three days of up all night reading. I've read the Shack and would say it's THE best book I've EVER read! Can't wait to hear your thoughts. If you were going to recommend ONE of the books from your list, which would it be. I've been looking for another good read..just don't want to waste time on something that's "so-so". What do you recommend?

CJ'SMOMMY*KIMBERLY said...

These look great!

I just read the first book in the Sisters of Holmes county series.It was pretty good.Written by Wanda E. Brunstetter.

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

The Shack is awesome. I should probably give that a reread this summer myself. And I'm definitely going to look into Dixie Cash's stuff, it looks right up my alley!

Stacy said...

I just started reading the shack and it is really goo! Thanks for the suggestions on the other books...I need some summer beach books too!