Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Special Edition: Thankful Tuesday

Today I wanted to make the Thankful Tuesday a little more special than a normal week. I have felt God's goodness so much these past few weeks and I wanted to devote this post to praises for Him. I know that I don't praise God enough in my daily life and I am working on changing that. I feel like I spend so much time waiting for tomorrow and future blessings that I overlook the blessing of today. Here's to praising God for His gracious love:

1- I praise God for blessing me with an amazing family. My parents have been married for 35 years. They still love each other as much today and they did then. I have a brother that is one of my best friends. I praise God for keeping our family so close. We all live within 20 minutes of each other and get together at least once a week.

2- I praise God for the wonderful man that He has given me. Hubs and I have been married for 3 years and each day my love and admiration grows tenfold for him.

3- I praise God for a wonderful job that I love coming to. I cannot imagine doing anything other than teaching.

4- I praise God for the trials that He has laid in my path. As much as I long for a child I know that this is my journey. And that one day it will make me a better parent and has already made me a better person.

5- I praise God for wonderful friends. I can honestly say that I have the best friends in the world. They are amazing women that have made me better just by knowing them.

6- I praise God for all His financial blessings. I feel so blessed to be this young and have all that we do.

7- I praise God for my church family. I praise God for allowing us to grow in His love. Hubs and I have both grown in our faith so much recently and I pray that we continue to grow each day.


What do you praise God for?
Do you praise Him as much as you should?

4 comments:

Whitney said...

What a great post!!!!
I know I don't praise His as much as I should - it is so easy to get caught up in the negative these days!

Melissa said...

I praise Him for new friendships and old ones a like! I praise Him for His faithfulness to show me the "why" sometimes. I praise Him for making me wait on things only to show me His bigger plan!! I praise Him for women that long to praise Him! He's a mighty God and He knows!!

Kendra said...

What a great post Kelly!! Way to give Him some praise =)

Lianna Knight said...

Great post!!! No, I really do not praise God as much as I should...

1. I am thankful for my family and my husband's family. I so wish that my family lived closer to us, but am so thankful that my husband's family treats me like I am one of their own. I couldn't ask for a better mother-in-love.

2. I am thankful for my husband too...he never ceases to amaze me. And so thankful he loves me NO matter what!

3. I am thankful for job security. In this time of economic crisis...I am so thankful to know that I can wake up every single day and earn a paycheck.

4. I am thankful for my faith and love for God. Without him...I would be nothing.

5. Thankful for you and your post!