Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Prayer Request

I have a prayer request that I wanted to share. My cousin who is 36 with 4 children (the oldest being 17 and the youngest 13) has been diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time. She was diagnosed the first time at the age of 30. The first time she had both breasts removed and underwent chemo. The next year she had reconstructive surgery. Last week she found another lump in her breast. She is having surgery and has told them to remove both implants and leave them out. She will then go through radiation and hopefully not have to do chemo this time. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.


I also wanted to share my new favorite treat with you. If your following WW or just cutting back these handy treats are great with only 90 calories.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I will pray for your cousin and her family during this hard time!

USCEmily said...

Sending prayers up for your cousin. What a scary thing to be dealing with!

I loooove rice krispies treats!! WEG makes the best homemade ones. YUM!

Lori said...

I just came across your blog, I am so sorry to hear that you are having trouble concieving. My heart just breaks for you and your husband. I will keep you in my prayers. My husband and I have been trying to concieve for almost 3 years, we are praying that the Lord will bless us with a child someday!
Have a great Evening!

Kendra said...

Wow...how difficult...will be praying for your cousin! We serve a MIGHTY God!!

momma said...

i will add your cousin to my "breast cancer" prayer list. i have two aunts and a few friends going through that right now.

Candie said...

I will be praying for you cousin and look forward to an update on her soon. She was too young the first time to deal with that, not that any age is a good age...and now to deal with it again. I'm so sorry for the fear I'm sure it instills...especially for her kids. If she's only goin to go through radiation this time, does that mean the cancer is not as bad as the first time?