Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Engagement Memories

Lianna, at Growing Our Own Garden, posted her engagement story today and asked others to post theirs. Her engagement story is really sweet. I am a sucker for weddings so I love to hear how others got engaged. While Hubs is not the most romantic person in the world (which is okay since I am not either) he was really great with planning out the proposal.

So here is our story:

We met in college at Appalachian State University in January 2003. We were at a get-together and kind of got stuck talking to each other. One of my sorority sisters dated one of his fraternity brothers so that is why we were in the same place. We talked that night and ended up hanging out in a group again later that week. We started dating soon after. He graduated in 2004 and moved back to Greensboro where he was from. He stayed there for about 4 months and then got a job close to where I grew up. He moved in with my parents while he looked for an apartment. I was still in college and he came up to visit me for the weekend. On Friday night we went to a party at his old fraternity house and he was acting kind of weird. On Sat morning we went to breakfast and he needed some new snow boots so we went to the mall. Later we came back to my apartment and watched some basketball games on TV. I kept trying to cuddle with him on the couch and he kept moving away from me. I was getting ill because he had already been acting weird the night before and I was starting to think that something was wrong. Then the doorbell rings. I get up to get it and no one is there. Instead on the balcony there is 2 dozen red roses. I turn around and he is behind me down on one knee. I have no idea what he says but the first thing out of my mouth is "did you ask my daddy?". He laughed and I of course said yes. He had asked my dad which he knew was really important to me. The doorbell rings again and I answer it to find lunch from my favorite restaurant on the balcony. Two of our friends and his fraternity brothers had delivered everything and rang the doorbell. They also videotaped through the doorway once I turned around. BTW, the roses gave it away because he had told me when we first started dating that he would propose once he had given me 12 dozen roses. Those last 2 dozen made 12. We became engaged on January 30, 2005 and were married 18 months later. Life gets better everyday with him and I cannot imagine not having him in my life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a sweet story! I love the part about the 12 dozen roses!

Lianna Knight said...

Ahhh...such a sweet story! I love it...I'm a sucker for weddings too. Maybe we should be wedding planners together?!?!?