Monday, September 15, 2008

Being Content

Each morning I do my daily devotionals from the New Day, New You by Joyce Meyer. This morning when I opened the book and saw the title Being Content I knew that today's devotional would speak to me. The part that touched me most says: : "I believe that God actually tests us. Until we can pass His "I am happy for you because you are blessed" test we are never going to have any more than what we have right now". Wow, that is so powerful. In my situation I translate that into I need to be content with my husband (who besides my daddy is without a doubt the greatest man in the world), my beautiful house, my dogs that I adore, my career as a teacher, etc. I need to be content with all these things before God will bless me with more. I have always known that I am truly blessed. It seems like all that I do is ask God for more blessings when I never truly take the time to thank Him for all that He has already given me. It is so easy to always ask for more. The devotion also talked about being genuinely happy for others that have been blessed. When I hear about someone else being PG or see someone that is PG my first reaction is jealously and that is horrible of me. I should be happy for those women. I pray that I can be content with what I have and be happy for those that have been blessed.

No comments: